Skip to main content

In Memory of Lisa

My friend, Lisa from work passed away two months ago. I just found out this morning. She was my work friend at the nostalgic hotel that carries a Cuban ambience. Every now and then, one could catch the essence of the mafia overseeing the gaming, in this 1957 establishment.

Lisa was a petite Italian woman in her 60s but looked 40. She was Housekeeping and came to work looking like a glamorous model. She had shoulder length auburn hair and styled it in a flip. We would talk every time, we saw each other. She took pride in her job— not only with her outward appearance but her hard work and dedication. Her ethics were on an all-time high and yet, management made her feel unappreciated. She was stressed because they were understaffed and loaded her with work for three people. She continuously cleaned the bathrooms, only to find it filthy in a matter of seconds. Guests had no regard of whom would pickup after them. I remember hugging her and told her how much I appreciated her. Besides, what I say matters more than management!  She laughed!

Her smile was beautiful, inviting and always lifted my spirits. It helped me to continue being positive with guests and accommodating them with massage services.

In the powder room, we talked about her first love after she heard about my book, Pieces of Victory. I told her that she will be captivated by the love story part of my book! She immediate reminisced of her soulmate in Italy. He attempted to travel to her after reconnecting but it was too late... he passed away.

She seemed so sad and stressed the last six months at the Cuban themed hotel as if she were just doing time so to speak.

Today, I found out from another Housekeeper that she is no longer with us at least, in the physical form. I was so sad but thought about the turmoil she was in... here in this realm. Now, her metaphoric chains have broke and is free to be with her one-true-love.

I promised her a massage last Christmas. She never took me up on that offer. Perhaps tonight, I will give Lisa one when... I visit her in my dreams.

—Jeneen Miller, Author

Pieces of Victory

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hephzibah House-Being Forced to Wear Diapers

Mary Kumar's Story... Mary Kumar is a survivor of a lockdown reform school for the wayward . This boarding school for girls is located in Winona Lake, Indiana called, Hephzibah House. It was founded in 1971. Anderson Cooper covered a thorough investigation of the boarding school for girls and no one has made any efforts to close down this program of torment . Is child abuse illegal? Yes. If we allow this home for girls to stay open for business then we are condoning it. Parents are feeding these programs by a. sending their child to these institutions. b. money. Parents Parents are usually brainwashed by their church or other organizations. They are consistently fed this spiel: "If you do not enroll your child in this program, they will end up dead!" Parents usually cannot see their child for months at a time. I'm a survivor of a sister program, Victory Christian Academy and I could not speak or see my parents for three months. By that time, the chi...

Pieces of Victory - Love Story Book Trailer

Pieces of Victory TV Interview

Ready... Set... Go!  “We are very pleased to introduce to you Author of 'Pieces of Victory', Jeneen Miller. Jeneen is a survivor of child abuse that took place in a lockdown for the so-called wayward, problem youth. This heart wrenching, gripping story will shock this nation by shedding light on what often goes on behind closed doors of reform schools.” This interview on WAWO.TV is a preview of what to expect for Fox News around October. Thank you #JohnHightower and #JerryTaylor for making this possible! #WAWO.TV Click here to rate Pieces of Victory short film on the IMDb Continuously share to close down the Hephzibah House and to shed light on many abusive residential programs that are still open for business. These disturbing money makers are abusing children across America and it needs to stop NOW! If you are a survivor and need help coping, please contact: SIA-Now.org Special thanks to my talented Filmmaker, Ryjin Pearson who brought my vision to f...